PRODUCT CATEGORIESAsset & Trailer TrackingCameras & ADASComplianceConnected SensorsFleet ManagementFleet SustainabilityFuel ManagementHardware Device ManagementIntegration & Consultant ServicesMaintenance & DiagnosticsMobile FormsRisk ManagementRouting & Dispatch
GEOTAB PRODUCTSGeotab Add-InsGeotab Custom ReportsGeotab Hardware
This custom report identifies unplug events provoked by device power issues or installation issues due to human error. Whether it be from a knee bumps to insufficient voltages, this report is a convenient method to identify why an unplug or unauthorized device removal event occurred, and can be utilized by every kind of fleet regardless of size.
By default the duration setting for triggering an Alert event is set to 1 hour within the report itself. This can be altered in the “Report” tab, for further directions please review the instruction section
Features And Benefits
- Maximize device up time and identify potential device power issues
- Provides additional clarity to unplug/unauthorized device removal events
- Compliments anti-tampering policies, allowing visibility into any potential device tampering issues
- Multilingual support
To learn how to import a report into MyGeotab, view our Reporting Basics training found here. After downloading this custom report, follow these steps:
Modifying Unplug Device Duration Before Alert is Triggered
By default the duration setting for triggering an Alert event is set to 1 hour and 0 minutes. To modify this duration, select the “Report” tab, to modify the number of hour(s) & minute(s) a device is unplugged before a trigger alert is sent, modify cell A8 & B8, respectively. For example, if your goal for this report is to look device unplug events for the duration of 30 minutes, then the value in cell A8 would be 0 and then a value of 30 in cell B8.
Please ensure that you are on the report’s “Summary” tab before saving the report on your local computer.
NOTE: Failing to perform this step will result in the dashboard graphic from the Summary tab not populating on your MyGeotab dashboard.
Upload Custom Report
- In the database, select Administration > Reports > Dashboard or E-mailed Reports
- Upload the custom report by selecting the Add Excel file button at the top.
Under the "Report View" tab
- Toggle the "Show report in drop down list" to ON
- Under "Additional Reporting Options",click on the Display all diagnostics button, and copy/paste the below diagnostics into the diagnostics box:
Telematics device fault: low voltage in power supply (bad battery or reinstall required) - device restarted (type: Telematics Device; code: 131), Telematics device fault: low voltage in power supply (bad battery or reinstall required) - device restarted (type: Telematics Device; code: 290), Telematics device fault: all power removed - device restarted, Telematics device fault: telematics device has been unplugged
To configure this report as a Dashboard or Emailed Report, you will need to apply additional settings:
- Select the group of users who should be able to view/receive this report.
- Set the "Report Date Range" to your desired time range for assessing unplug events. The recommended date range period for this report is "Previous 7 days"
- Similarly, specify a refresh period which will result in new data at each cycle start. For the intention of closely monitoring your fleet, we recommend using the "Every hour" refresh option.
- Please then select the "Next Run" date and time, which will be the time the report refreshes based on the selected refresh option.
- Lastly, choose the group of vehicles you would like include in the report by assigning the desired groups to the "Belonging To" field (if applicable). By default, this is set to Everything as each respective user will only receive what they have access to.
- Save your report settings by clicking on the "Save" button in the top left.
Note: If you have not already set up the Report view functionality you will then need click on the Display all diagnostics button and copy/paste the above diagnostics into the diagnostics box located on either the Dashboard or Emailed Report tabs.
Central & South America
Top Industry Use Cases