The FMCSA considers any driver who continues to drive for more than three hours beyond their driving limits as an egregious violator. The Carrier can be fined up to $16000 while the Driver can fined up to $3750.
Framing violations in terms of the financial costs they bring to a fleet is a helpful way to bring attention to transport carriers on the types of HOS violations occurring in their fleets. The Egregious HOS Violations Cost report captures any hours of service violations that are longer than three hours, plotting the data on a graph to display the total potential cost to your organization due to these violations. The report can be run as a dashboard or as an emailed report.
Images & Videos (5)
Features & Benefits
- Ensure HOS compliance ahead of audit
- Visibility into driver training needs
- Improve your fleet’s operating efficiency
- Monitor costs associated with violations
To learn how to import a report into MyGeotab, view our Reporting Basics training found here.
After downloading this custom report, follow these steps:
Upload Custom Report
- In the database, select Administration > Reports > Dashboard or E-mailed Reports
- Upload the custom report by selecting the Add Excel file button at the top.
Settings for Custom Report
To configure this report as a Dashboard or Emailed report, you will need to apply additional settings.
- Specify the groups for the dashboard viewers or the recipient list
- Set the Report Date Range to your desired time range (Previous 7 Days is recommended)
- Similarly, specify a refresh period which will result in new data each cycle start (Weekly is recommended).
- Select the group you would like included in the report. By default, it is set to Everything as the user will only receive what they have access to.
- Upon completion, select Save at the top.
Regions & Languages