Product CategoryAsset & Trailer TrackingCameras & ADASComplianceConnected SensorsDriver Management & TrainingElectric VehicleFleet ManagementFuel ManagementMaintenance & DiagnosticsMobile FormsRouting & Dispatch
Exception Detail with Trips History Report
Provided by Geotab Inc.
This is a standard exception details report with the added benefit of being able to open each exception’s respective trips history information directly from within the Report sheet.
Features And Benefits
- Very convenient and time saving
- Applicable to users of all experience levels
- Customizable exceptions list
In the report template, a few adjustments need to be made before importing into MyGeotab:
- Enter the server and database name for your company in cells E4 and E5 on the Report sheet.
- If using the report in a timezone other than EST, modify the formulas in cells L11 and M11 on the Report sheet in order to reflect the time difference needed to obtain a UTC timestamp of the line item. Example, currently the adjustment from EST to UTC requires the first part of the formula to read “=TEXT((I8+4/24))”; change the value of “+4/24” to match the conversion needed for your timezone. CST, for example, would require “+5/24” since it is an hour behind EST.
- When using a Spanish version of Microsoft Excel, the year format "yyyy" used for the UTC conversion in cells L11 and M11 (see above point) require a format of "aaaa", instead.
To learn how to import a report into MyGeotab, view our Reporting Basics training found here.
After completing the file import, follow these steps:
- In the Report view tab, under Additional Report Options, select your grouping options and which rules you would like to report on.
To configure this report as a Dashboard or Emailed Report, you will need to apply additional settings.
- Set the Report Date Range to your desired time range for assessing device exceptions.
- Similarly, specify a refresh period which will result in new data each cycle start.
- Select the group of vehicles you would like included in the report. By default, it is set to Everything as the user will only receive what they have access to.
- Select the group of users who should be able to view/receive this report. e.g. If this report is only meant for the Maintenance department, create a group a group called Maintenance Reports and assign the maintenance users to that group.
- Under Additional Report Options, you may choose to select a time period to group the overall data by.
Central & South America
Available for all GO devices
Device Plan Requirements
Pro, Regulatory, ProPlus, Base
Top Industry Use Cases