Geotab has partnered with IRIDIUM to deliver a solution for companies that work in remote areas. Through the IRIDIUM satellite network, customers can receive information about their fleet both when drivers are travelling within a cellular network and outside it. The IOX-SATIRDv2 also allows fleets to incorporate a panic button into the vehicle, so that drivers that may be out of reach can alert the company in an emergency.Note: IOX-SATIRDv2 will have additional charges on any of the selected plans.
When using satellite only critical information is transmitted to reduce bandwidth. The following records or logs can be enabled or disabled:
- Ignition: Sends a log when ignition changes state (On & Off).
- Poll: Gives end users the option to request the current location of the device.
- Update Period: Allows the device to send a positional update every 30 minutes.
- Emergency Trigger: Allows the driver to send an emergency/distress log to head office. The Geotab device will notify the driver when the message has been received by MyGeotab.
- Accident Upload Event via IRIDIUM: Allows the device to send an “Accident Upload Event” fault.
- Switch to IRIDIUM Satellite Coverage: Allows the device to send a log indicating when it has switched to sending data over the IRIDIUM network.
IOX (Input / Output Expanders) plug directly into the GO device and are used to extend the GO device to peripherals in your vehicle. Leveraging the CAN networks that run on the GO device, IOXs can be daisy-chained together meaning multiple peripherals can be added to the GO device. This adds flexibility to your implementation, even after installation, and means the Geotab solution can grow as your fleet needs grow.
Features And Benefits
- Device communication outside of Cellular Network Coverage
- Integration of a Panic Button to send an immediate emergency message.
Device Plan Requirements
Regulatory, Base, Pro, ProPlus
Top Industry Use Cases
Australia & New Zealand
Central & South America